TikTok and Business: How to Achieve Marketing Success in 3 Simple Ways
TikTok and business in a sentence? You are probably wondering if that even makes sense. Yes, it makes absolute sense! How?
Founded in 2016, TikTok has seen a huge growth; boasting of about 500 million monthly active users.
If your business is keen on success then it’s hard to overlook such an enormous following. A ton of businesses have experienced great marketing success on the social media app.
TikTok is a great app to add to your omnichannel marketing strategy. But how do you go about marketing on TikTok?
Read on to find out how you can utilize the social media application to engage with your customers and grow your brand.
TikTok and Business: 3 Ways your Business Can Succeed
Even if your brand isn’t popular, you can still be effective with marketing on TikTok. The most important step is planning great content. Your brand should be authentic, so you need to reveal your true personality. Here are 4 great pointers on how you can achieve marketing success on TikTok.
- Add a link to your website or blog in your bio.
- Include your company’s Instagram and YouTube links in your bio.
- Tag your friends and followers who share similar interests.
How Do You Switch from a Personal to a Business TikTok Account?
The best way to start off is creating a TikTok Pro account. A TikTok Pro account has numerous advantages over a normal account. Here are some cool features of the Pro account:
- It allows you to view some analytics for your videos. For example, where most of your audience is from or times when it is frequently viewed.
- You’re able to view metrics of profile visits and traffic sources.
- New trending videos that may suggest success cues.
To switch to a Business Account, tap the three dots in the upper right corner, then “Manage Account”.
Tap “Switch To Business Account” and choose between “Business” or “Creator”
Now, pick the category that best describes your brand and tap “Next”
Add a website and email address to your profile
And that’s it! Congrats on your new TikTok Business Account
How do you build your TikTok strategy?
Before you build a TikTok Strategy, you need to learn about the platform inside and out. TikTok is able to weave brands in the fabric of culture and create new trends like no other.
Jump onto trends and hashtags on TikTok as big brands do. With TikTok Live Streams, you can experiment with different types of content (e.g., music) and edit them using various features (e.g., filters).
Learn how to browse videos on the For You Page. Explore the editing tools, filters, and effects available on the app. Spend some quality time exploring the endless variations of whatever the hottest dance craze is.
TikTok and Business: Easy Ways to Get Community Engagement from TikTok
Now that you understand TikTok and business is actually a thing, check out these 3 powerful tips that will help you achieve marketing success.
- One of the easiest ways is using pets. Pets are great because they make people happy. In fact, they’re the reason why many people get into the business of making videos. People love seeing cute animals perform silly tricks and learn new skills. Children are also very popular as they provide an opportunity to show off some of their talents.
- Make sure that you add something unique to your content. There are plenty of ways to create original content for TikTok without having to really struggle. You just need to look for existing content and then repurpose it into something new.
- Participate in #hashtags or trends by taking photos or videos related to them. Showing your own personal productivity habits would be an example of showing off your expertise. You need to create an identity for yourself that differentiates you from others who offer similar services. Take inspiration from what has worked well for others and add your own twist.
TikTok user numbers are expected to keep growing. According to Insider Intelligence, TikTok will reach 755.0 million monthly users in 2022. There couldn’t be a better time for TikTok and business! Achieving success on TikTok takes time and effort but with consistency, sky’s the limit!